What you’ll need:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1.5 lbs ground organic/grass fed beef
- 4 slices nitrate free/sugar free bacon, diced in small pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- ½ – 1 cup organic strained tomatoes (tomato sauce)
- Salt and pepper
How to make it:
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and brush with coconut oil; roast in a 400 degree oven for about an hour.
- In a large sauté pan brown the meat. Remove the meat from the pan and drain the fat.
- In the same pan cook the bacon and onion. When onion is translucent add garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes. Drain the bacon grease leaving the bacon, onion and garlic in the pan.
- Add coconut milk, nutmeg, basil, parsley, salt and pepper – I don’t measure how much of the spices I add so do it to taste— I think I used about 1.5 teaspoons of each, less for the salt and pepper.
- Bring the coconut milk to a simmer and add the strained tomatoes. Cook for another 5 minutes. You can add more tomato sauce depending on how tomato-y you like it. I wanted more of a white sauce so I put less tomato.
- Add meat back into coconut milk/tomato sauce and cook until hot.
- Serve over spaghetti squash
- Top with a fried egg if you know what’s good for you