Never underestimate the power of food. It nourishes us, keeps us alive, and just one taste can evoke such fond memories of those we love. Thank you, Cathy, for sharing your Mom’s handwritten meatloaf recipe with all of us.
Chef Cat’s Mom’s Meatloaf (serves 6-8)
What you’ll need:
- 3 slices of soft bread broken in pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons of “catsup” (also known as Ketchup)
How to make it:
- Pre-heat oven @ 350
- Combine in bowl bread, milk, egg, salt, onion, Worcestershire sauce. Stir together thoroughly. Mix in 1 1/2 pounds ground beef.
- Form into loaf and place in 9 inch loaf pan.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of “catsup” over top of loaf before baking 5. Bake for 1 hour