Picadillo. It’s simple and easy–the superb weeknight dinner. And as Chef Frances claims, her mother’s recipe is so good her kids, “love it and even eat it as leftovers.”
What you’ll need:
- One potato
- Vegetable Oil
- Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 Onion (medium size)
- 1/3 Green Pepper
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- Sazon Goya (about a tablespoon)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Green Olives (optional)
- 1/4 Cup of White Wine
How to make it:
- Peel then cut the potato into small ¼-inch cubes
- Trim pot with a little vegetable oil and stir the potato until brown
- Add the following ingredients to a food processor: 1/2 medium size onion, 1/3 green pepper, 4 garlic cloves. Once done, add ingredients to the already-cooked potatoes.
- Next add the ingredients (including potatoes) from the food processor, the can of diced tomatoes to the ground meat. Cook all together for 2 minutes.
- Then add all remaining ingredients: tablespoon of Sazon Goya, plenty of oregano to cover pot, salt and pepper (to your liking), olives (optional) and 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Stir everything together and cook on medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- The dish is done when almost all the liquid is gone.
- Serve meat over brown rice (or white but brown is the healthier option)