“My roommates from college will know this dish plenty well (GO GATORS!). It was brought to our attention via good ole Publix Aprons and it made these college students look like chefs, the familiar aroma of rosemary and sun-dried tomatoes resonating throughout our hidden lake apartment gave this popular dish the name nickname…”The meal.” It’s a great stew for a cold night and a complete meal on its’ own without any need for side dishes, I have made it once for a dinner party and paired it with roasted broccoli (massaged with olive oil, garlic, salt/pep and baked at 350 until browned, sprinkled with Parmesan and lemon once removed from oven). And as Jessica Mendoza would say, it’s “Nutrish and delish.”- Sasha
- 3/4 tsp dried rosemary (or 1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely snipped)
- 1 pound of frozen chicken tenderloins, thawed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 (19-ounce) can of Cannellini beans, undrained
- 1 cup of Swanson’s no MSG chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, julienne-cut
- 2 tbsp cornstarch/flour, something as a thickening agent
- 1/4 cup water (or 1/4 of broth from the pan)
How to make it:
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet on medium high for 2-3 minutes and coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add chicken, sprinkle with rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes, cooking occasionally. (Note: I cooked the chicken earlier for quicker prep time in the evening.)
- Stir in beans, broth, and tomatoes.
- Stir cornstarch and water together in a small bowl and slowly add to pan, stirring continuously.
- Heat to boiling, reduce to medium and simmer 5 minutes.