Soup. It’s comforting yet light–the ultimate weeknight meal. Easy to prepare, and easier to eat, this Tortilla Soup recipe comes from Vero’s husband’s family, the Margers. Thank you for sharing, Vero!
What you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 16 oz. can of stewed tomatoes
- 15 oz. tomato sauce (can substitute some diced tomatoes and some sauce)
- 12 oz. can corn
- 1 tsp. cumin
- cracked pepper
- two zucchinis
- Boiled and shredded chicken (for topping)
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
How to make it:
- Brown the oil, onion and garlic.
- Add the 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, cumin pepper and zucchini.
- Let it simmer for 15-20 minutes